Friday, November 20, 2009

What Nick Uses

People ask me all the time "What gear do you use?" This is a post dedicated to the gear that I use.

Canon EOS 1DMKIII
Canon 24mm f1.4
Canon 50mm f1.4
Canon 85mm f1.8
Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS

2 Alien Bee 800s
2 White Lightening Ultrazap 800s
1 Elinchrom Ranger RX AS Speed with S Head
Vivitar 285HV
Canon 580 EXII

2 Alien Bee foldable medium sized soft boxes
1 Alien Bee Beauty Dish
1 Speed-o-tron Beauty Dish adapted to Elinchrom mount
1 Elinchrom Deep Throat
1 Elinchrom shoot though umbrella
1 Westcot grey 24in umbrella
1 Alien Bee 64in PLM
1 Elinchrom ELOcta
2 4x8 California Sunboucne
Reflectors both the real photographic thing and rescue blankets

Pelican 1510 case for camera
Storm case of some sort for Alien Bees
Melvin and Moon grip bag
Old Tenba stand bag-way to heavy

Grip Stuff
Super clamps
Unbrella adaptors
Silks
A Clamps
Gaff Tape
A lot of extension cords
Power splitters

24in 2.7ghz iMac with 4gb of ram
Photoshop CS3
Lightroom 2.4
Adobe DNG Converter
Adobe Bridge CS3
Wacom Intous 3 6x8 Tablet
Sandisk Cardreader
Sandisk Extreme III cards both SD and CF
Gepke card case
A slew of hard drives from Western Digital, Sandisk, Maxtor and others.

Domke F1X
Domke F6
Domke F803 Rugged Wear

The above is the gear that I use pretty much everytime that I shoot. Below I have a list of suplimental gear that I use when I shoot for fun or when required by a client

Olympus RD-35
Toyo View C 4x5
Calumet 120mm f3.5
Mamiya 645 1000s
Mamiya 80mm f2.8
Mamiya 45mm f2.8
Tenba Road Case
Razzle 900

I buy the gear that I need to get the job done. From time to time I also rent gear. I use www.lensrentals.com to rent gear.

This is just a quick run down. I plan on posting a more complete list with pictures and maybe a few reviews later down the road.

Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment